While stress is a normal part of life, it’s important to make sure you’re managing it effectively. Unchecked stress can cause issues both personally and professionally, and what might start out as manageable day-to-day anxiety, could easily lead to physical and mental health issues if ignored.
We have some aromatherapy remedies up our sleeves to help you manage stress as part of a healthy lifestyle and take a holistic approach to stress. Whether you’re at home, in the office, or on the go – here are our top tips for managing stress.
How to manage stress at home
Home life comes with plenty of its own stresses. Working from home, looking after children, replacing broken boilers and fixing leaky taps are all things we have to worry about from time to time. Here are a few tips on how to deal with stress at home:
- If you’re working from home, remember to take regular breaks. It can be easy to forget to stop for lunch or tea breaks when you don’t have colleagues around to remind you, but working long hours and not taking enough breaks can lead to burn-out and added stress at home.
- Set up your home-working space as a place of serenity and calm. Our Uplifting Aromatherapy Candle is scented with energising grapefruit and revitalising petitgrain essential oils – perfect for creating an uplifting ambience while you work. If candles aren’t your thing, keep a bottle of Calming Room Spray on hand to create a sensory haven in your home whenever you’re feeling stressed.
- Very often, the more tired we are, the more stressed we feel. That’s why it’s important to make sure you’re getting enough sleep. It’s easier said than done sometimes, but getting an early night in once in a while can do wonders for settling anxious minds.
- Our aromatherapy expert, Tipper, has produced three essential oil blend recipes that are perfect for reducing stress at home.
Here are some de-stress essential oil blends for the diffuser:
- Lavender 2 drops
- Geranium 1 drop
- Bergamot 3 drops
How to manage stress at work
Work is one of the key causes of stress – from tight deadlines and heavy workloads to unbearable bosses and irritating colleagues. We all get stressed at work in the office from time to time, but here are a few ways to reduce stress at work.
- It can be tempting to rely on coffee to get us through the day, but try and avoid too much caffeine if you’re feeling stressed. Instead, swap your lattes for calming herbal teas. Our Quiet Time Tea is perfect for creating a moment of tranquillity in an otherwise busy and stressful environment.
- Just like when you’re working from home, make sure you take regular breaks from work. If possible, head outside for a stroll and some fresh air. Getting away from your desk and out into the world has a clever way of putting everything into perspective again.
- For really stressful days, keep a bottle of Remedies to Roll in your desk for a boost of essential oil goodness when needed. Study is a good one to keep your mind clear, balanced and focused on the task at hand, or Meditation encourages a moment of mindfulness.
If you find stress is taking over and preventing you from enjoying your day-to-day life, you might want to look into some other remedies for stress.
- Book yourself in for a spa day or treatment in one of our therapy rooms, so you can really get away from your daily stresses and enjoy some well-earned self-care. A full body or scalp massage is perfect for helping you let go of stress and embrace relaxation.
- If stress is really troubling you, counselling could be an important next step for you. A counsellor could help you to explore and better understand the cause of your stress, and work with you to provide helpful solutions so you can overcome it.