During these tough times, we need to try our best to keep our living spaces clean and free from germs. Even with or without Covid-19, this should become a priority, especially with children or pets around. That’s why as much as possible, using natural or organic alternatives offer peace of mind. After all, we never know where baby’s wandering hands might end up!
We rounded up some of the most effective essential oils, known for their antiviral, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties:
Maximise the uses of your essential oils!
· Mix baking soda, essential oil and a small amount of water to make a paste. It can be used to clean surfaces like kitchen tabletops, bathroom sinks and toilet bowls.
· In a spray bottle, mix together: 1.5 cups water, ¼ cup vinegar and 20 drops essential oils. Shake well and use it as a multipurpose cleaner!
· Put a few drops at the bottom of your trash can to deodorize smells caused by kitchen waste.
· Mix a few drops in hot water and pour down your kitchen/bathroom sink to remove funky odours.
· Add a few drops of essential oil on cotton balls and place them in corners of your kitchen cabinets. They don’t only smell good, but also keep bugs and pests away.
· Make a laundry rinse by mixing vinegar with a few drops of essential oil. Use it to soak your kitchen towels and rags to get rid of bacteria.